Choose Your Way to Learn
Coventry Transport Museum, the Herbert Art Gallery & Museum and the Lunt Roman Fort are available for onsite, facilitated school visits. Our Learning Team have worked hard to adapt our educational programme to ensure we can offer you high quality and exciting activities, whilst introducing new measures, following government guidance, to provide a safe environment for you, your pupils and our staff.
We are taking bookings for facilitated onsite visits only. We are unable to accept self-led visits to our museums by school groups at this time.
If you have any questions, please do get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are limiting school visits to two classes per day (maximum of 34 pupils per class), at each of our sites, however both groups must be from the same year group bubble. For schools visiting our sites with just one class, we will not accept another group on the same day, to allow us sufficient time for deep cleaning between groups.
- When a second group is onsite at the same time from your year group bubble, this group will take part in self-led time around the museum. We encourage you to divide into smaller groups to reduce the impact on capacities in gallery spaces and allow for social distancing with the genral public.
- We require a minimum of 3 adults to attend the visit with your class.
- New risk assessments are available for each of our sites.
- Cross-site visits between Coventry Transport Museum & Herbert Art Gallery & Museum can continue, for schools to take advantage of the discounted rate and travel bursary scheme.
- Our Learning Team will remain socially distanced and wear face shields.
We also have a virtual schools offer, enabling us to bring our activities direct to your school through online media: www.coventrymuseums.org.uk
The virtual offer will also further enhance your onsite learning and support pre and post visit activities.
Please click here to download our latest risk assessment.
Learning Outside the Classroom
Coventry Transport Museum is a great place to learn new things and enjoy new experiences, whether you come with your family or with your school or college.
Our dedicated Learning Team deliver engaging sessions for pupils of all ages. The Museum is an ideal setting for learning outside the classroom and our hands-on sessions cover a wide range of curriculum areas.
The Museum is also a perfect place for a family day out. Our school holiday programmes provide imaginative activities for families to enjoy together, including craft activities and quiz trails for a small charge.
Coventry Transport Museum is pleased to be a Children’s University learning destination.
Culture Coventry is proud to be working in partnership with schools and settings on their Artsmark Award journey. By supporting Artsmark settings, we’re helping put the arts at the heart of education, inspiring young people to create, experience and participate in high quality arts and culture.
Our programme includes exhibitions, creative workshops for students and CPD and networking for teachers.
Find out more about Artsmark at www.artsmark.org.uk
Key stage 1 and 2 pupils can take part in Discover in a Day during a joint visit to Coventry Transport Museum and the Herbert Art Gallery. Our trained Arts Award advisors will assess your students’ work and submit them for their Discover Arts Awards.
Find out more about Discover in a Day here
Bronze Arts Award is delivered through the Creative Bridges programme which is available to young people aged 16-25 through partnerships with special schools in Coventry and Warwickshire. For more information visit www.creative-bridges.org or email email@example.com
For settings working towards Arts Award at all levels, our exhibitions and workshops can help you to explore different art forms and artists and to take part in a variety of arts activities.
Find out more about Arts Award here www.artsaward.org.uk
To find out how Culture Coventry can support Arts Award and/or your Artsmark journey, please call 02476 237523.