This Makes That With These
Get your hands on real tools to take apart gadgets and appliances.
Designed for age 5+ but all are welcome
Get hands-on and gain those all-important tool skills during our This Makes That With These workshops where we purposefully take gadgets and appliances apart to solve our curious minds’ constant questions about how technology works.
This workshop is perfect for you if you are after a real-life experience as you will be using actual tools to take apart everyday objects.
Here is what you will need to bring:
- At least one very supportive grown-up to be with you throughout this workshop. We know from experience that all mums, dads, uncles, aunties, older siblings, grandparents, carers are perfectly qualified for this role as no previous engineering experience is needed (they are indeed very useful and really, really good at handing you tools)
Here is what we offer:
- A safe and relaxed space.
- Engineering Skills! You will use real tools to take apart real things. So, you will build up your engineering skills no matter what.
- Permission to destroy! We let you break things AND you will not be told off*.
- Fun! We are prepared to throw one or two surprise maker challenges at you just to keep you on your toes.
- Expertise! Our amazing experts from the Learning Team will encourage you throughout. They are experts in playful engineering. That means they are curious, they persevere, are imaginative, love solving problems and teamwork. They will happily offer their expertise and support you when needed.
*Please note we take no responsibility for the inspiration we evoke in your children to destroy and create their own inventions with your household gadgets.
The booking fee and admission to Coventry Transport Museum is included when booking a family workshop so there are no hidden costs for you on the day.
← Other events