Mini Museum Engineers Play Sessions
All Mini Museum Engineers play sessions are linked to our collections and help early years children playfully discover STEAM based topics.
The sessions offer a range of playthings that differ slightly each time, giving you varied experiences should you return to us each week. Your little ones can freely choose from the play equipment that could become anything from a den to a giant ball run, a car or a rocket - giving them the opportunity to explore something known or new and firing up their imagination during your stay in an open-ended play environment.
Designed for 0 - 5 years, but all are welcome.
What you need:
- One very playful grown-up to be with you throughout your Mini Museum Engineers adventure. We know from experience that all mums, dads, uncles, aunties, older siblings, grandparents, carers are perfectly qualified for this role as no previous engineering experience and (only) a whole lot of love for play is needed.
What you get:
- A VERY playful introduction to engineering.
- Experimental exploration and invention! From experience, we know that lots of weird and wonderful exploring and inventing is happening during our open-ended play sessions.
- A safe and relaxed space.
- Expertise! Our amazing experts from the Learning Team will encourage you throughout. They are experts in playful engineering. That means they are curious, they persevere, are imaginative, love solving problems and teamwork. They will happily offer their expertise and support you when needed.
Good to know:
We have changed the way we offer our Mini Museum Engineers play days for now, so everyone is as safe as possible and relaxed during their play. As part of this we have limited the number of families attending our play sessions. These sessions are bookable online to help us keep within our reduced capacity, which allows for social distancing between households/childcare bubbles in our spaces. Offering timed sessions also gives us opportunity to sanitize playthings between sessions keeping you all as safe as possible.
While you will be able to loan a newly developed Mini Museum Engineers trail or Play Box at reception for free, our Mini Museum Engineers play sessions will use different playthings for your little ones to explore and experiment with.
Please note: We will be reviewing the costs as we come out of restrictions and adapt our programming for September 2021 to make prices accessible and flexible.
← Other events