This Makes That With These: Star Inventions
Take everyday things apart to understand how they work, and use your imagination to rebuild your own invention.
Best of all, no entrance fee for visitors booking onto one of our workshops!
Our This Makes That With These workshops invite you to embrace and discover your engineering skills in lots of different ways. While themes may change, you will always get hands-on, doing things you would not usually do with household objects.
In our past workshops we have seen dinosaurs made from a computer monitor; boats from VHS-tapes; robots from computer keyboards and cars made from calculators. This time we are setting ourselves a specific challenge: will we be able to make something that is star shaped or can help you look at the stars? What will you end up taking apart? What kind of star invention will you end up making?
Designed for age 7+, but all are welcome.
What children will need to bring:
- One very supportive grown-up to be them throughout their engineering adventure. We know from experience that all mums, dads, uncles, aunties, older siblings, grandparents, carers are perfectly qualified for this role as no previous engineering experience is needed.
What we offer:
- A safe and relaxed space.
- Engineering Skills! The use of real tools to take apart real things.
- Permission to destroy! We let you break things AND not be told off*.
- Fun! A game of 'Randomly pick a challenge card of things you can make’ in case you are stuck for inspiration.
- Expertise! Our Learning Team will encourage you throughout. They are experts in playful engineering and will happily offer support when needed.
*Please note we take no responsibility for the inspiration we evoke in your children to destroy and create their own inventions with your household gadgets.
← Other events