Make And Play Engineers – Winter Magic
Winter is a beautiful season full of play. Each year we are hoping for a beautiful snowy winter. While this may not be the case, we will still enjoy winter fun at Coventry Transport Museum!
Ages 4 – 7, but all are welcome
Location: Learning Pods
Enjoy a snowball throwing challenge by setting up your own targets with the material we give you. Play, experiment (and learn) about the symmetry of snowflakes. Let’s work together on taking a little winter magic with us and make our own (fake) snow. Can we get our snow right to build a snowman?
What your child will need to bring:
- One very supportive grown-up to be with you throughout your engineering adventure. We know from experience that all mums, dads, uncles, aunties, older siblings, grandparents, carers are perfectly qualified for this role as no previous engineering experience is needed.
What we offer:
- A safe and relaxed space.
- Engineering Skills! You will use real tools to take apart real things.
- Permission to destroy! We let you break things AND you will not be told off*.
- Fun! A game of 'Randomly pick a challenge card of things you can make’ in case you are stuck for inspiration.
- Expertise! Our Learning Team will encourage you throughout. They are experts in playful engineering and will happily offer their support you when needed.
*Please note we take no responsibility for the inspiration we evoke in your children to destroy and create their own inventions with your household gadgets.
← Other events